You are here
Expert Role:Azerbaijan Senior Local Legal Expert/National Legal Expert
Asya Chalabova has over 15 years of experience in the field of civil legislation (business law, corporate law, commercial contracts, insurance, land/property, agriculture, construction, housing, transportation issues), tax legislation, production sharing agreements (PSAs) and PPP in energy projects. She has worked as a legal expert on the implementation of international projects funded by World Bank, United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), European Commission, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD), Asian Development Bank (ADB), and has gained significant experience in the public sector concerning the commercial issues including issues related to the approximation of local standards with the European acquis.
- June 2013 – present: “ACE Group Consultants” LLC Director.
- July 2009 – October 2010 – Legal Expert, “Support to the NCU and PCA implementation in Azerbaijan” EU TACIS Programme.
- September 2011 – September 2012 – “Sustainable Energy Development Project - Strengthening the capacity of SAARES, the Ministry of Energy and Industry” project, UNDP.
- May 2012 – November 2012 – “Energy Reform Support Programme, Lot 2 Approximation to EU legislation for Renewable Energy Sources and Energy Efficiency”, EU project.
- October 2012 - The “Expansion Study E5P - Eastern Europe Energy Efficiency and Environment Partnership”, EBRD.
- December 2012 – June 2013 – Legal Expert, “Energy Saving Initiative in the Building Sector in Eastern Europe and the Central Asian Countries (ESIB)” project, INOGATE.
- June 2013 – February 2015 – Local Legal Expert, “Legal Analysis of Energy Efficiency, Renewable Energy, Climate Change Mitigation measures” Project, UNDP.
- “ACE Group Consultants” LLC Director